Beachbody

Beachbody

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Welcome to the Finale: 3 Day Detox - Day 3!!




 

I MADE IT!!!  Three days of sticking with Danette May's 3 Day Detox.  Was it easy? Actually, it was much easier than I expected.  Picking the perfect time to do a detox is the key.  For me, I haven't been home to do much more than sleep the last 3 days.  Which means my food had to be prepped and travel with me, but diet-wise, it kept me from eating out 5 times in the last 3 days!  So, not only did I win health-wise, but regardless of how much the ingredients for the last three days cost me, I saved money!!!  It helped me to not be home with the option to snack (my personal downfall).

I also never stopped moving the last three days - which makes for some tired and weary muscles, but it kept my mind and body busy and not thinking about food.  Evenings are my biggest "fail" time, and not getting home until late in the evening and knowing I can't eat anything, has kept me on track.

So - now for today's breakdown...
The first thing I noticed was that I slept SO well last night and woke up feeling ready to face the day.  I was seriously asleep last night as my head was hitting the pillow, so I'm guessing the good sleep came from complete exhaustion.  But I was surprised to wake up with morning with energy - after only 5 hours of sleep!  That was such a nice change from being groggy when the alarm goes off.

I was admittedly skeptical about all the
floaties in my breakfast!!


Breakfast: What an interesting combination.  From the looks of it, I really didn't expect to be able to drink this mixture - too many floating pieces of parsley and kale.  (SIDE NOTE - if you are a "texture" person, this detox is NOT for you!!)  However, with the help of my all powerful Plexus powder, this little green delight was actually - delightful!!














Lunch: I found myself really hungry today around 10:30a and wishing desperately that I could just buy some yummy, greasy festival food - but I powered through, and didn't even get around to eating lunch until 12:30p (late for my normal "schedule.") Lunch was a repeat of yesterday's dinner, with the welcome addition of some Mango.










Dinner:  While the rest of the family dined on McDonald's for dinner (in the car, swarming scents galore) I waited an extra hour to have my last Detox meal at home.  A filling shake, and boom - the 3 Day Detox is only missing a goodnight's sleep and it will be complete!













Thoughts so far: I'm hungry - most of the time it doesn't bother me, because, like I said, I haven't had time to dwell on it.  But I know that if I'd been home doing my typical weekend house chores, I would have been miserable.  Keeping away from the house, and keeping busy helped me stay distracted. 

This is definitely not a detox for anyone who is bothered by textures (yes, I'm repeating myself!)  Most of the concoctions have chunks of kale, parsley, or other greens in them - and they're mixed with water, so the drinks are runny and not thick enough to disguise the greens.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the scale and measuring tape say tomorrow!  Final reports coming soon...

I'm already looking forward to my next detox will be Beachbody's 3 Day Reset!  (Watch for posts to come in a few weeks!!)  I've done it before with fantastic results - I KEPT the weight off! - that's the real testimony to a product for me!






No comments:

Post a Comment